It is important to ask questions about circumstances in which people’s values and the unarticulated norms come into play. For example:
- What happens when there is a problem that needs to be solved? Ask for an example and listen for cues if that resonates with you. Consider who was asked for input.
- What happens when there is a conflict?
- What happens when there is a performance issue?
- What happens when someone leaves the hospital?
- When a client complains, how is the handled and by whom?
- How are emergencies handled when they walk in the door?
- What is the turnover rate among specialists, emergency veterinarians, technicians, nurses, front office in addition to other staff
These questions are taken from a podcast in our series “Is Veterinary Medicine Ready for a Chief Culture Officer.”
For more information, please contact Laura Anderson at email@example.com or 804.833.0585